Research technician (GMPsim)
Research technician (GMPsim)
Are you a research technician with experience in the field of cellular and molecular biological techniques? Then this is your chance to work in one of the most innovative centers in the Netherlands in the field of Regenerative Medicine & Cell therapy. We are looking for a research technician with knowledge and experience in the development and production process of complex advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs).
About ICAT uitklapper, klik om te openen
We would like to welcome you to the Innovation Center for Advanced Therapies (ICAT) in Utrecht. With support of the National Growth Fund, the regional infrastructure of the Utrecht Science Park will be expanded with an innovation center that will be part of the Regenerative Medicine Pilot Plant, a RegMed XB infrastructure of 4 leading regenerative medicine clusters in the Netherlands (namely Leiden, Utrecht, Eindhoven and Maastricht). By collaborating with fundamental and translational researchers, GMP experts, analysts and clinicians from different disciplines, new innovative medicines can be translated more quickly into a production process that is suitable for clinical use within ICAT. Moreover, ICAT has the latest biofabrication and cell therapy technology to develop and produce new therapies for clinical applications. Examples of current therapies and concepts are CAR/TCR T cells, stem cells, DCs and biofabricated advanced in vitro models for drug screening and artificial tissues/organs for transplantation. The ICAT consists of three (sub) facilities; a GMP simulation facility, a Biofabrication innovation facility and a GMP production facility. You will be working within the GMP simulation facility on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams in close collaboration with the other sub-facilities.
Job description uitklapper, klik om te openen
As a research technician you will be involved in a broad range of tasks:
- Involved in the development, validation and execution of Quality Control assays both in research and a GMP-environment.
- Autonomously setting up, planning, developing and validating new methods and techniques needed to facilitate GMP manufacturing process
- Responsible for accurate completion of documentation according to the relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs)
- Contribute to protocol/process improvement
- Provide hands-on execution in the GMP manufacturing process
- Contribute to the various projects and setting up the facility in the start-up phase of the ICAT
Your profile uitklapper, klik om te openen
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our versatile environment in regenerative medicine and cell-and gene therapy. In addition you also have:
- A Bachelor of (Applied) Science (BSc) degree or Master of Science (MSc) in a relevant biomedical subject.
- Experience with cellular (Cell culture, cell engineering, flow cytometry) and molecular biological techniques.
- Experience and are trained to work under GMP quality system
- Hands-on experience with stem cell and organoid culture is a plus
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken) is a requirement.
- Ability to think analytically, problem-solving skills, drive to succeed.
- You should be able to work independently but will collaborate with other team members and have essential social skills for fruitful interactions.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible and you work accurately and you are willing to join an interdisciplinary and international environment.